I’ve recently started going to a dietitian – honestly that’s an entirely different post as to why – coming out of my visit my “homework” was to plan my breakfast for the week. This week, I decided to try this smoothie bowl after Hannah Bronfman recently mentioned on her Instastories that she made one and it was amazing. Inspired and naturally a huge fan of sweet potatoes, I decided to try one for myself – my own way. Here’s what I came up with, and I won’t lie…it’s GOOD!
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 medal date
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 banana
- 1 teaspoon coconut flakes
- 2 teaspoons of granola of choice (I used almond butter granola from Trader Joe’s)
- Thoroughly wash your sweet potato, prick it 3-4 times, and bake your sweet potato in the oven at 425 degrees for 40 minutes. Once finished baking let cool completely
- Remove the skin from your sweet potato, cut your sweet potato, and place in the blender – Add cinnamon, coriander, pitted date, and almond milk. Blend until it becomes a smooth like a puree.
- Place bananas, coconut flakes, and granola on top. Enjoy!