I love going to the gym – especially doing cardio workouts that help me release a ton of energy. However, working out sure makes me build a hefty appetite. To keep myself sustained, I realize how important it is to keep around healthy snacks. These are where these very simple Peanut Butter Protein Bites come in handy.
Here’s Why I Love Them:
- They are tasty, which is important when trying to choose healthy options. Healthy shouldn’t mean flavorless!
- They are bit-sized, which makes them easy to pack in your lunch box, purse, gym bag. Basically, you can bring them anywhere!
- They are a nice alternative to a protein shake
- 1/2 cup natural drippy peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup protein powder of choice* (I used VegaOne in French Vanilla)
- 1/3 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Using a large bowl, mix together peanut butter, coconut, honey and vanilla extract until well combined. Add in protein powder, coconut, flaxseed meal, oats, chocolate chips and chia seeds. Mix until well combined. Honestly, I find it easiest to mix the dough using your hands as Ambitious Kitchen suggested. At this point you should be able to form balls that stick together. Because all peanut butter/nut butter consistencies are different and depending on what protein powder you use, there is a chance you may need to add in more nut butter or sweetener to help the balls stick together.
- Form into 8-12 balls and place in an airtight container.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 week, or the freezer for a month. Enjoy!