Do you ever have those moments where you think to yourself (or out loud) “I’m not feelin’ this”, “I can’t even…”, or “I’m not feeling like my best self today”…I know that I certainly do!
Let’s face it, we all get into a funk sometimes – whether it happens for a variety of reasons or absolutely no reason at all, it’s part of being human. Here’s 5 quick and easy ways that’s I’ve found to boost your mood whenever that happens:
- Listen To An Upbeat Song. I don’t know what it is, but there’s just something about the feel good nature of Usher’s “You Don’t Have To Call” that instantly changes my mood . Not to mention, I can’t barely even make it half way through before I’m singing at the top of my lungs.
- Take A Walk. It’s truly amazing what taking a moment to get some fresh air can really do for you. It allows your to decompress while getting your limbs moving and your blood flowing.
- Read Your Favorite Quote (or Scripture). People often forget the power of words; They truly have the ability to encourage, heal, uplift, and strengthen.
- Breathe. Close your eyes and allow yourself to take a deep breath. A few deep inhales, exhales, and a quick rest of intentions can do wonders…this is the yoga enthusiast in me talking, but hey it’s true!
- Eat a Healthy Snack. Something as simple as an apple with peanut butter or a banana can regulate your mood, boost your brain power, and give the energy you need to power through your day.
Ali Stone Photography